The Global Research Council is seeking Heads of Research Councils (HORCs) to join the new Programme Committee!
The GRC is seeking 2-3 Heads of Research Council (HORC) participants of the Global Research Council (GRC) to join the Programme Committeeand for potential topic suggestions for 2020.
This Programme Committee is tasked with considering suggestions for topics from GRC participants and providing recommendations to the Governing Board who will then endorse and announce the topic/topics for the following year. Please see attached the Programme Committee Terms of Reference for further information. Three Governing Board members have already committed themselves to sitting on the Programme Committee, they are:
- Prof. Peter Strohschneider, President, German Research Foundation
- Dr. Molapo Qhobela, Chief Executive Officer, National Research Foundation of South Africa
- Prof. Abdulaziz Al-Swailem, Vice-President, King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology
If you are interested in joining the Programme Committee please provide by return email a short expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th January 2019. In your email, please clearly state the name of the recommended member, their organisation and contact details.
- Members of the Programme Committee will be at HORC level, proxies/ substitutes will not permitted to sit on the Programme Committee
- HORCs will be asked to sit a 3 year term, or the remainder of their term in office as a HORC (whichever is shorter).
- The Programme Committee will generally work through e-mail correspondence and meet as required by teleconference. Whenever possible (i.e. at Regional or Annual Meetings), members may organise an in-person meeting.
- The Governing Board will be responsible for appointing each member of the Programme Committee in late March.
With this call, we also invite GRC participant organisations to submit topic suggestions to the Programme Committee. If you would like to propose a topic or revisit a previous GRC topic, then please complete the attached form (Topic suggestion Form) and email to email@example.com by 19th January 2019. Please note the criteria for topic selection before submitting a suggestion.
- GRC participant organisations are permitted to submit more than one topic, but must provide a justification (maximum of one page) for each topic proposed, addressing the criteria for topic selection, as noted in the application form.
- These topic suggestions will be considered by the Programme Committee for the 2020 Annual Meeting.
For Terms of Reference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org