Call for Proposals
GRC 11th Annual Meeting (May/June 2023)
GRC participants are invited to submit bids to host the 11th Annual Meeting of the Global Research Council, scheduled to take place in May/June 2023.
Interested applicants are invited to contact the Executive Secretariat at GRC@ukri.org for further details.
The GRC’s Governing Board will consider the bids, with the successful bid announced as part of the 10th Annual Meeting in Panama in May/June 2022.
Successful bids will be subject to the additional understandings:
- The co-hosts of the GRC Annual Meeting should be selected to reflect, over the years, the diversity of research councils worldwide.
- The co-hosts of the GRC Annual Meeting should come from different parts of the world.
- The co-hosts of the GRC Annual Meeting should be active participants in the past GRC Annual and Regional Meetings.
- The co-hosts should assume that HORCs and one staff member will represent each participating organisation
- It is expected that participants will cover their own costs to attend the Meeting.
Co-hosts are also expected to cover the full local costs associated with hosting and arranging the Annual Meeting.
Organisations submitting bids should have participated in previous GRC Meetings. For the Annual Meeting, it is anticipated that there will be at least two co-hosts, ideally from different GRC Regions.
Successful co-hosting organisations for the 11th Annual Meeting will also each be asked to nominate one individual to serve on the 2022-2023 GRC International Steering Committee (ISC), that will be charged with developing the programme and wider strategic elements for the Meeting.
As per the GRC Foundational Document, the Annual Meeting should be held in May or June of that year and last approximately 2.5 days, with an additional 1-2 days suggested prior to the Meeting for pre-events and side meetings, as appropriate.